Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

Sunday drive

Sunday after church we went on An Explore.  We retraced some steps from a little trip to Sanpete County Adam and I took the summer I was pregnant with Braeden.

It's a lovely spot.

It was settled in the mid 1800s by various groups from Scandinavia.  Their stone masonry is beautiful.

I was absolutely convinced this church was in Fountain Green, but Adam disagreed.  Of course, Adam was right.  He's always right.  (But I am better at finding things.  Not things like churches in Sanpete County, things like the secret stash of chocolate in the pantry, or Mark's scout neckerchief that he'd been unable to locate since we moved.)

Anyway.

This is in Spring City:


It's an LDS church but hardly resembles most modern day LDS churches.  I wonder if the primary kids behave better in such a pretty building?

The day was perfect.  Sunshine forever with bright patches of snow here and there for sparkle.  We drove through the little towns and saw the picturesque little homes the pioneers built of stone.  We also stopped in Manti, at the temple.  (I thought of Tabor and Katie while we were there.  They were married in the Manti temple.)


It must be one of the loveliest places in the world.  A grand structure, hewn from local rock, high on a hill.


do you see Adam?

It was an extremely photogenic building.


It was a nice day with these guys, my people.

Our squinty eyes even match--mine are squinty underneath the glasses.  Probably the Scandinavians settlers with their light coloring squinted here too.

On the way home we ate a picnic Adam and I (mostly Adam) had assembled the night before.  None of the kids were smart enough to get the donut box open.  Seriously.


Braeden said it was a Chinese puzzle box.  No, it was from the Macey's bakery.  Cardboard boxes elude them.

I still love them.  It's nice of them to make me feel needed sometimes.

1 comment:

Geri said...

I love Sunday drives and Manti is beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails