Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2015

A random collection of randomness

1- I still know all the words to Kenny Rogers' song, The Gambler.  Don't let anyone ever tell you I don't have skills.

2- After a hiatus of three years, I am joining my sisters, hopefully all my sisters-in-law, my mom, one aunt and some cousins and going to Women's Conference at BYU.  When I think about it by chance during the day, I just grin.  I can't help it.

The program came in the mail.  I want to go to everything.  Twice.
3- It snowed several inches yesterday.

4- Emma didn't sleep one bit Tuesday night and then she spent all day yesterday at Disneyland.  She is ten thousand times stronger than I am. That would kill me.  Dead.  No more Thelma. 

5- Speaking of the name Thelma, I always, always have to spell it for people.  And it strikes me as a pretty phonetic word.  I've started saying my name is Emma when I need to give it at a restaurant or something.  It's easier because Thelma is such a stumbling block for people.  Yesterday at the store, looking at my account, a store clerk asked me how I pronounce my first name.  Take it slow...sound it out?  I'm not sure how many alternative pronunciations there could be.

6- Yesterday I talked to Tabor while he was driving.  He drove by my house twice in his travels and said he waved.  I didn't see it, but I'll believe him.  He was too pressed for time to stop.  That kid is definitely in the top three of my favorite brothers.  I love talking to him.  He is funny and empathetic and wise.  He always makes me feel better.  He said, "I wish I were there to give you a hug."

7- You know what, Tabor?  Me too.

8- I prepared some stuff for Young Women's and I felt like I was in an alternative universe where I do Pinterest-y type stuff.



9- I mean, look at me and my bad self.


10- But I didn't even get these ideas from Pinterest.  They are Thelma (how do you pronounce that?) originals.

11- Isn't that one pretty Emma?

12- I miss her.


2 comments:

Clarissa Johnson said...

You forgot to say that you are going to Women's Conference with your niece! :)

Olivia Cobian said...

Our caller ID struggles with pronouncing your name: "THEM-LA" is how she likes to put it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails