Pages

Friday, April 3, 2015

Light

This weekend!

I am excited.  It is General Conference weekend.  That is when we can watch a conference for our church on TV or the internet on Saturday and Sunday.  When I was a kid, I loved it because it meant I didn't have to wear a dress or go to church and I could play Barbies with Olivia.  (I also watched some of the conference.)

Now, I love it because I get to watch.  My spirit gets fed.  I love the inspiration and encouragement and light that I feel.

And all from the comfort of my couch.

Then there's Easter.  I know that I have a Savior.  He lives.  It's the most wonderful good news that I know.  Because of Him, I can live again someday.  I will see people I love.  I can repent.  People I love can repent.  It matters.

Wednesday night I was talking to Adam before bed.  I said, "I want to go to the temple tomorrow and I'm trying to figure out how to fit it in."

Adam said, "Why don't you go early in the morning when you can't sleep anyway?"

(Because lately, I can't.)

That Adam.  His smarts live up to their billing. 

So in the dim morning light yesterday, through the lightly falling snow (!), I drove toward the light that is the temple.  What a gift it was for me.  It is restorative to feel such peace and fulfillment.  It had been a tough week.  Life gets busy, people disappoint you, your teenage son can wreak havoc on your car insurance.

But.

You don't have to wait until the end of the tunnel for the light.  It's all around, you just need to know where to look.

(Also, on Wednesday, two different girls at Young Women's told me my outfit was cute.  So there's that.)

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I love the way you put all this. I love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails