Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

This happened yesterday

I was away from home and Mark was supposed to be reading for school.  He sent me this text.  A few typos, but you get the gist.


So what was I to do?  I told him he didn't need to read the book.  (I gave him another one to read instead.)

Olivia was in town so in the late afternoon we squeezed in a really speedy IKEA trip (no time for meatballs or chocolate cake), she and Melanee took Mark to the Museum of Natural Curiosity with their kids while I did a quick turn around Costco and then we all met up (including my parents) for dinner before the play.  I felt like I was running all day.

My fitbit sort of agreed:


(It was kind of exciting that I took it off at exactly 13,000 steps.  It's the little things in life that delight.)

And speaking of delight, Braeden asked a girl to the prom a few weeks ago.  From all accounts from his friends, she was planning on answering yes, she just hadn't yet.

Josie, the girl he asked, apparently loves Sunny D.  He bought four containers of the stuff and put the letters PROM on them and delivered them to her door.

Last night, she returned them:


(First another friend texted and told Braeden to stay away from the front of his house for awhile.  Emma was sitting at the computer near the front door.  The girls were having a hard time keeping the candles lit and Emma texted and asked if they needed help.  It was all not very clandestine.)

This is out of order for the events of the day, but last night we watched Braeden's cast of the play.

That play may kill me.  It is very sad and depressing and those kids sell it.

Last night I dreamed vivid Elephant Graveyard dreams and I am going to watch it four. More. Times.

Here's a cell phone picture with a head blocking the way.  Braeden, the preacher man.




1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Braeden and Emma did so great in the play! Thanks for the IKEA trip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails