Pages

Monday, April 6, 2015

The weekend

Thursday night Adam asked me if I had just had a haircut.  I told him I was getting one the next day.  He preemptively noticed.  That's how good he is.

When I went to get my haircut, I asked Joelyn (who I liked automatically when I met her last fall because she reminded me of my friend JoLyn--same name, different spelling) for something new.  I said, "I don't think what I want is possible.  I want something different but I don't want to spend any time on it or have to have any skill (because I don't have any hair skills).  Joelyn suggested making it shorter...and still shorter in the back.  She told me it would look sassy.  I said, "Sure."

Who doesn't like sassy?

For the rest of the day, one of my kids would stop me and say, "Mom, you look sassy."

And now, since my sisters will ask, here's a selfie.  When my kids take selfies, they always strike a goofy pose.  This is me trying to be normal.  The derpy just happens naturally...



As anticipated, we watched conference on TV.  It was wonderful.  So good.  I wasn't the least bit surprised.  I love hearing our church leaders.  They encourage me and just the vast store of their collective wisdom on every topic is reassuring.

Saturday night is the priesthood session that the men and boys go to.  I love that too.  Time with my Emma.  We decided to go to dinner and then go see Cinderella. 

We left around the same time as our menfolk and we saw a bunch of men walking towards the church to watch the session together.  White shirts and ties.  Looking snazzy.  It looked like a swarm.  We decided they were swarming Mormons.  Or just Swormons.  (Emma and I are a lot of fun.)

We also went by Target and here's the thing about Utah County during the priesthood session.  There were maybe one or two men in Target.  There were only women in the restaurant.  There was one man at the movie theater--which was full.

The boys went out for Chinese food after along with a restaurant full of men in white shirts and ties.

I can't imagine what an out-of-towner would think the first Saturday evening in April or October if they were out and about.

First there are no men anywhere, then every restaurant is filled with men and boys. 

Emma and I chatted about a lot of things over dinner and I love having a daughter.  Somehow we ended up discussing her wedding.  I said, "Are we going to fight when we plan your wedding?"

She said, "No.  I will tell you I don't care and then you'll pick a color and I'll say 'no' and then you'll pick another color and I'll say 'no'."

(She is so right.  Heaven help us.)

We talked about the boys' weddings.  I said, "My mom told me when you're the mother of the groom, you wear beige and keep your mouth shut."

Emma said, "Well, I'm not going to wear beige."

She probably won't keep her mouth shut either.

Sunday morning the Easter Bunny didn't know where the Easter baskets were and only about 2% cared.  All the loot (and by all the loot, I mean a very tiny bit of loot) was put in one communal basket. 

Emma for one, liked the stuff she had helped pick out at Target the night before.

Otherwise we enjoyed Easter.  Clarissa joined us and we basked in more General Conference goodness.  The Bujnowskis, some of our friends from Washington, were in town and joined us also.  It was nice to catch up with them.

And now, I'm off to get ready for Youth Conference!  I won't be writing the next few days.

I'll miss you.

And my bed.



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You can't NOT write for a few days. Reading your blog is part of my morning routine! :) But I'll allow it just this once. Good luck with Youth Conference. Enoch and I were Youth Conference directors once. Then we moved. :) It was fun to do it together though.

Your hair looks great. We're excited to see you this weekend!

Olivia Cobian said...

I'll miss you! Good luck with Youth Conference. You look so darn cute with your new do!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails