Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Peace

Adam gave me a framed print of this picture the night before our wedding.

via lds.org

I love it (and him).  I've hung it next to our bed in every house we've lived in.

Yesterday morning I was lying in bed, mustering the strength to face another day, like you do.  Without contacts the picture was blurry but I've seen it enough that I knew how it looked anyway.

It reminded me of the scripture that I am ponderizing this week.  It is one that meant a lot to me way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and I was a freshman at BYU.  It was written on a chalkboard in my geography classroom the entire semester.  I wasn't a big fan of my geography class but I love this scripture.

John 14:27

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you:  not as the world giveth give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled neither let it be afraid.
I have had my freshman year at BYU on my mind lately.  Desi, everyone's favorite BYU freshman (at least this year), was dropped off on Monday by her stalwart mother.  (We had lunch after and Marianne ordered a Coke.  That's not like her.  She had been through something.)  The other day Adam and I regaled our children with freshman memories.  I pulled out my photo album and Emma commented that even back then my eyes were often closed in pictures.

What can I say?  I have a talent.

I'm grateful that I went to BYU.  I'm grateful that a scripture that was written on the chalkboard in my geography class all those years ago is imprinted on my brain now.  



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails