Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2016

A change is as good as a rest

It's been a long, hot and dry summer.  On Tuesday a storm blew in.  Wind, lightening, thunder and rain.

It was also the night I took the Magnificent Seven (flag helpers) to Sodalicious.  When the rain started, they ran outside.


They danced and twirled and jumped in puddles (it's possible the hit of sugar and caffeine they had just consumed courtesy of Sodalicious was a catalyst).  I considered that this is something that happens in the desert.  You wouldn't see Seattle kids gleefully running outside to the rain.

Although maybe you would if they had been without it for as long as these girls.

Yesterday morning I opened all the windows and let the rain cleansed air in.  There was snow on Mt. Timpanogos.  Just a dusting, but it made me happy.

I stole this picture from the PG community page on Facebook.

Some change we long for.  Some change we dread.  The weather reminds me of this quote by Abraham Lincoln:
  
It is said an Eastern monarch once charged his wise men to invent him a sentence to be ever in view, and which should be true and appropriate in all times and situations. They presented him the words, "And this too, shall pass away." How much it expresses! How chastening in the hour of pride! How consoling in the depths of affliction!

I'll keep praying for change.  And praying for things not to change.

In the meantime, I love a wild storm and a fresh morning.

I love snow on the mountain.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails