Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

I feel like you don't even know me!

I had a dream that I was driving a bus full of teenagers.  I didn't know any of them.  I was going to need to drive through the night and we were in southern Utah heading into Arizona.  I usually don't remember my dreams but this one was really vivid.

I was driving along and thinking, "I just need to stop and take out my contacts.  I can't do this with my contacts in.  I need to wear my glasses."

I woke up and wondered about the dream.

Why would my subconscious come up with that nonsense?

My friend Cortney recently worked concessions at a BYU football game.  Her daughter is on a ballroom dance team that works concessions as a fundraiser (they get a portion of the proceeds). Since Cortney's daughter is too young to work, her mom does it instead.

She told me that it was awful.  She was there from 5:00 PM to 1:00 AM and there's no caffeine at BYU.  (To which I have to say, c'mon BYU, can't you throw us a bone?)

She said, "It almost killed me.  It would have killed you."

Because Cortney knows that I need my sleep.  Apparently everyone knows that except my subconscious that has me up all night, driving a busload of teenagers.

Has my subconscious met me?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails