Pages

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Not too ambitious

Adam and I have talked about our summer wanderings:  going places nearby or not as near on day trips and explores.  We got the deck furniture out.  I've started asking our kids a few questions about their "hopes and dreams" for the summer.

On the way to school, Mark told me, "I'm glad you're not too ambitious about the summer."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, usually you have schedules and plans...."  He said that like schedules and plans were unpleasant.  Can you believe it?  Two of my favorite things--schedules and plans!

I assured him that I just hadn't unrolled all my plans.  "There will be yard work and silent reading time," I said.

"Yeah, that's like usual."

So far he's not too nervous.  And he shouldn't be.  Truly, my ambition wanes as the weather heats up.  I do have plans to have our kids prepare some meals and Emma is in charge of her own laundry this summer.  Who's excited?  She is(n't).

My main plans?

Early mornings and evenings right here.


1 comment:

Mark Dahl said...

Is the BYU Family History conference going to be in your summer plans?

Your mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails