Pages

Monday, March 26, 2018

As birthdays go...

...it was pretty great.

Adam and I had the day stretched in front of us and even though we'd batted around a few "what should we do?" and "I don't know, what do you want to do?" conversations, we didn't have a plan.

We had breakfast with our two oldest, we saw a great exhibit at the BYU Museum of Art, we went to A Wrinkle in Time and had popcorn and Dr. Pepper for lunch.  (As Tabor said, the popcorn is a vegetable and there was dairy from the butter.  Dr. Pepper makes up the rest of the food groups.  I call it a balanced meal.)

After the movie we took a drive into the canyon because it was sunny.



We took naps (is there anything more luxurious than an afternoon nap?) and then went to the world's largest Costco.  I've been wanting to go ever since I heard about it and we finally did.  We didn't have a list and weren't really planning to buy anything (except quarter sheet pans which they didn't have) but we left with a full cart.

Like you do.

The Costco was pretty amazing.  Adam said, "Imagine if this was the only Costco you'd ever been to. You'd be disappointed at every other Costco for the rest of your life."

It just kept going and going.

Here was the dairy refrigerated section.



Big enough that you are freezing by the time you are done browsing all the cheese.

This freaked me out a little.  Lamb and goat carcasses just hanging there.  Over on the left in those boxes were halal goat cubes.  Goat cubes?!?  I was glad Horace wasn't there to see that.



Also, just pick up a whole roasting pig, no big deal....



We only went as far as Salt Lake City, but it was a cultural experience.

I love spending the day with Adam.  It was a wonderful day, really great.  We didn't have any exciting plans and I looked slightly crazed all day because it has been more humid than usual and my hair reacts to that like a kid who never gets sugar and suddenly drinks several energy drinks.  The nap didn't help the hair situation.

Adam and I have a good time no matter what though.  Being together is the thing.

We also got phone calls, texts, facebook messages, friends stopping by with gifts, gifts that arrived from Amazon, birthday cards in the mail, and sweet gifts from our kids.  It all added up to feeling loved.

There's nothing more I could ask for.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails