Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Scenes from the moffice

It started as a school room.  It was a cozy little nest where Mark and I met for his (and my) last year of homeschooling.

It will always have a fond place in my heart for that reason alone.

Then Mark went to school and I transformed it into a room for my use.  What's the female equivalent of a man cave?  I decided a Gal Grotto.

And that is what it was for awhile.  It was usually a big mess.  It was the repository of all the in between stuff.  The Christmas presents waiting to be wrapped, the stuff I needed for some upcoming YW activity, the overflowing box of stuff we were donating to DI...it all languished in the Gal Grotto.  Also I had a really comfortable bright red recliner which I loved.  I would curl up there to read or write or even work on Family History.

Then it broke.

(It actually broke years ago on Braeden's birthday when one of his friends threw a different friend into the chair but that's another story.)

This time it broke beyond repair.  (I even had my dad look at it and tell me his opinion.)

So I moved this chair in.




It's tolerably comfortable but not that comfortable.

Besides, I had a desk across the room and if I only had a better chair, I was pretty sure the desk would be a better work space.  (Desks usually are better than balancing a bunch of stuff on your knees.)

So I got a new desk chair.

you can see I still have a lot of vestiges of home schooling around the room...I'm in no hurry to part with them


This is no Gal Grotto I thought, this is a bona fide office.

Adam has an office already so I decided this is the moffice.  The mom office.

Our kids said they want it to still be the Gal Grotto.

It still will answer to that.  I just like having a moffice.

Two other things making me happy:

Travyon is coming back to life!


He likes the moffice too and has two new fronds of leaves since I moved him here.  Also, I run a humidifier all day which helps him.

Also, a few years ago, my sister Olivia gave me a start of a plant she is taking care of for our Aunt Olivia while Aunt Olivia is serving a mission.

The plant used to belong to our great grandma Olivia.

It's an Olivia plant.

And it's about to bloom.


2 comments:

Mark Dahl said...

My Christmas cactus from Olivia is about to bloom too, although it isn't as close as yours.

Your mom

Olivia Cobian said...

That's got to be one of the best experiences ever--seeing a plant come back to life! You have such a green thumb (and a beautiful moffice)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails