Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Learning

I love that when you're in a family, you learn along with each other.  You become familiar with each others' passions and hear about things you would never know otherwise.

For example:  Fane Lozman.  Because Adam follows the Supreme Court like some people follow a sports team (or like how Adam follows the Mariners), I know all about the crazy antics of Fane Lozman and the city council in Florida that had him arrested and sunk his house boat.  You can't make this stuff up.

Braeden, the political science major, texts me articles to read from the NYTimes.

Emma, the humanities major, texts me pictures like this one of a Celtic knot design:



Yesterday morning, Mark said, "Do you hear that Mom?  That's the lambo."

Our neighbor down the street has a Lamborghini which Mark, the car lover, is impressed with.  We can't drive anywhere without Mark pointing to cars I would never notice and telling me interesting things about them.

As for me?  I guess I bring weather to the lifelong learning table.  I pay attention to it.  I want to understand what is happening and why.  (I don't always understand what is happening and why, because science, but I'm still interested.)

And we're having some weather around here this week.




1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I love your fam. I also love that quote at the end! I hope winter will stop being so volatile soon. Maybe you could just lock him/her in her room?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails