Pages

Monday, March 5, 2018

Turned hearts

Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord: 
And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse. 
Malachi 4:5-6
First my brain got full from all the classes we attended and then my heart got full to overflowing.  (It came out my eyes in the form of tears.)

RootsTech was a great experience.  I learned a lot and was inspired to do new things and overwhelmed because how will I ever have all the time to do all the things and where do I start?

Saturday was the Family Discovery Day and I loved it.  We all went except Emma who had other commitments.  Professor Henry Gates (the PBS guy and I love PBS!) spoke to us and Natalia Fourcade spoke and sang in the morning.  I didn't know who she was before but I loved her!  She is a Mexican pop singer with incredible talent.  When she sang Remember Me from Coco?  It pretty much sealed the deal in a room of family history buffs that she was heroic.

(Pictures taken from RootsTech website.)



We attended a class with Hank Smith and Jason Hewlett where they showed a lot of fun family things you can do on the Family Search app and website and then the best:


President and Sister Oaks!  She was one of my favorite professors at BYU and he is an apostle so I was a happy listener.  They spoke about ways they had brought family history alive for their families and I was again inspired and overwhelmed because I want to do everything.

Braeden had mentioned earlier in the day that he had an ingrown toenail that was bothering him.  I said we'll have to get you a doctor appointment and then Stella told him what he could try.

So it was really fast that I got him an appointment with Dr. Stella.

After the conference, she and Adam and I went to many stores looking for a particular remedy that she wanted to get Braeden.  We finally had to give up and get an alternative but I ordered Stella's cure from Amazon.

It is nice to have a doctor around.

After dinner, Stella and I sat down with her family history and spent a few hours.  There are a few people of mystery who we can not place but it was thrilling and exciting because we found people!  Stella said we were planning a jail break in spirit prison.  We were both giggling and attaching sources and scribbling notes and making connections and hugging and it was exciting.

I went to bed exhilarated.  Because the spirit of Elijah is real.  Even though the people we were finding are not my people, Stella is my people.  It was a thrill to connect her to her people.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me cry! I've miss you!!

Geri said...

Sounds exciting and marvelous.

Olivia Cobian said...

Jail break in spirit prison--I love that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails