Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

BYU day

All good things must come to an end and Stella flew back to Virginia Beach on Monday night.  Earlier in the day, we went back to BYU to tour the campus and spend a little time with Braeden and Emma.


Braeden showed us his favorite buildings and his favorite spots in his favorite buildings.  We met up with Heather, who was one of my favorite laurels when I was YW president.  I loved catching up a little with her.  

Mark didn't have school so we were happy he was there too.  (Although when it was 10:00 and he kept asking when lunch was I told him to STOOOOOOOOP.)


We finally ate lunch--much to Mark's relief--in the Cougareat.  Across the way I saw my youngest (much younger) cousin Brett.  I see him from time to time and I never know if he will remember me because by the time he entered the scene I lived in Connecticut or California or Washington.  He remembered me though and jumped up to give us each a hug.  He towered over all of us, including Braeden.  I was happy to see him.  Cousins were a good invention.

Braeden had class so we visited the BYU bookstore and then at 2:00, met Emma for second lunch.  (It was Emma's first lunch, Stella and I just got drinks, Mark had a second lunch.)

Two of Emma's friends joined us and we had a nice time visiting and laughing.  A guy walked up and said, "Stella?!?  What are you doing here?"

He had served a mission in Virginia as well.  He pulled up a chair and they caught up and he quizzed me all about Braeden because even though they are both at BYU, they've never run into each other there.

We spent a wonderful BYU day.  I love that place!  Over and over Stella commented on the light and great atmosphere and happy students.  Yep.  It's sort of magical.

Even with a little snow.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails