Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Alexa, can the election be over already?!?

Mark said his shoes were wearing out.

I said I would order him some new ones on Amazon.

Later in the day, I saw this email:


Alexa is freaky.  Always listening.  I texted Mark we needed a safe word.  He wrote back, "How about, 'Hey Siri'?"

Since she knows my life, my students could ask Alexa who I voted for.  They really want to know.  School teachers = neutrality though.

We've been talking about the election.  I asked them why they thought our votes were private.  

"Because someone might erase your vote if you voted in pencil and they didn't like it."

"Because someone might judge you."

"Because who you voted for might make someone mad or sad or angry with you."

I asked, "Can you still be friends with someone if you disagree with them?"

They all said, "Yes!" like it was a ridiculous assumption to think otherwise.  Let's shout that from the rooftops.

Maybe Alexa can tell the others.

2 comments:

Mark Dahl said...

Good post, Thelma. You always state things so well. Love you. Your mom.

Olivia said...

Well put!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails