Pages

Friday, November 20, 2020

Grateful Friday

This week a few students told me they wanted to sit in the front.  Then they all told me they wanted to sit in the front.  In our socially distanced classroom, those in the back are far away. 

I came up with several new seating charts that didn't work.  It was OK though.  I've been moving furniture my whole adult life.  I've been roping children into helping me move furniture.  I'm not afraid to say, "Pick that up and move it here."   "Actually no.  Move it here."  They were troopers.  

I finally came up with a solution that required moving a rug.  I said, "I need strong students to help me move this rug."

They all started flexing and showing me their muscles.  

They rolled up the rug and I said, "Bring it back here."  

They all grabbed hold and I noticed little legs kicking.  I have the tallest third grader and the very shortest third grader in my class.  This short little girl, who is small but oh so spunky, had grabbed onto the rug but when the other students lifted it, she hung on and could no longer reach the floor.

She was giggling and kicking her legs.

I grabbed my camera to take a picture because it was so funny to me.  The picture turned out very blurry. 


Adam said it was like an impressionist painting and captured the moment better than an unblurry photo.  It was a moment of pure joy for me.  These children I love were helping me problem solve and their cooperation and boundless energy and delight made me happy.

I'm grateful for joy.  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails