Pages

Monday, November 2, 2020

Halloween

Here's my third grade team.  I love these two.  About a month ago, Kate overheard one of her students say that Halloween was cancelled and she decided not on our watch.  Our whole goal for the day was to have fun (and give them obscene amounts of candy).  I think we accomplished our goal.


Here's our administration.  They are awesome.  No one takes Halloween lightly.  No one.

Here is the faculty.


And here are some more of my favorite people in the world.  They are troopers in every sense of the word.  They are diligent hard little workers and they are diligent mask wearers and hand washers.  I asked them multiplication questions and threw candy at them whether or not they got the answer correct.  Some of them even caught the candy (which is impressive because I'm not that good at throwing).



 None of them knew what I was dressed as.  A few of them ventured soccer player.  "Baseball!"  I said, "I'm a baseball player."

One little girl said, "You're a baseball player who throws candy!"

I'll take it.  (I'm also super good at tying shoes.)

***

On actual Halloween, we got a knock on the door and it was our neighbor's cute grandchildren.  We had NO candy; it felt like Halloween had happened the day before.  We had nothing.  Mark found some cashews in the pantry, which had a certain "no" about them.  We turned off the lights and crept around in the dark for the rest of the night.

(We went to the basement and watched It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown which Mark had never seen!  There are holes in that child's education but I'm trying to rectify them.)

1 comment:

Olivia said...

I'm impressed with how all out your school went with Halloween!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails