Pages

Monday, November 23, 2020

A good cry

Friday evening refreshed my soul.  

After school, we watched President Nelson's message which was wonderful.  I'm grateful for a living prophet who is kind and optimistic and in tune with what God wants us to know.  Whenever I start to worry about the state of the world, I like to think of the calm and hopeful and faith filled leaders we have.  They reassure me.

The prophet invited us to share our gratitude on social media.  I've never liked Facebook so much!  How refreshing to see a flood of gratitude.

Later in the evening we watched Emma's last choir concert.  In true 2020 fashion, it was virtual and the singers were wearing masks and were very spread out so it was hard to catch a glimpse of our girl.  (Men's Chorus sang after Women's Chorus and I never did see Hyrum although I enjoyed the sound!)

All the songs were songs of praise and hope and peace.  The messages made me cry.  All the weighty matters of the world just felt a little lighter.  My burden was lifted.  I don't live in the kingdom of Thelma. I live in the Kingdom of God and every time I'm reminded of that, I'm grateful.

The fact that it was Emma's last choir concert didn't help with the whole crying business.  Ever since she was in junior high, we have enjoyed going to her concerts and watching her sing.  

Emma called after the concert and I put her on speaker phone and we all cried together (except Mark who has ice water in his veins).  

I'm grateful for my little song bird who has brought so much beauty into our lives with her music.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails