Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2020

Covid tired

I had a very mild case of Covid and I feel very fortunate about that.  I feel very very fortunate that no one else in our family got it.

For the past several weeks, I have been SO tired.  I am relatively fine through most of the day and then in late afternoon, it hits me like a ton of bricks.  I will come home from school in a stupor and sleep for an hour and then it takes effort to stay up until 9:00.  I made the mistake of googling Covid and fatigue and I found all sorts of discouraging things.

Two mantras to live by for safety:

1-don't talk about politics online

2-don't google health topics

Both things end in gloom.

What I'm mostly trying to do is be patient.  I'm rotten at being patient so that is probably why I have lots of opportunity to practice.

Adam is picking up all of the housework slack which I feel guilty about.  The other day my guilt turned into whining and he said he'd rather pick up the housework slack than hear me whine about it.

I understand.

I hate it though.

I want to zip around and do things and I have no zip.

None.

I'm grateful that I can make it through the school day before the worst of the fatigue hits.  I'm slipping behind some with my prep because I get too tired but Thanksgiving break is coming and hopefully I can catch up.

I'm trying to be OK with being kind of worthless after school.

I'm trying to remember the world will be okay if I rest.


I also kind of want to smack people who refuse to wear masks because this is the worst and I know I don't even have it that bad.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails