Pages

Friday, November 13, 2020

Grateful Friday

The other day, one of my girls said dreamily, "I'm grateful for everything!"  Then she hastily added,   "Except Covid."

Another girl, who is something of a sassy contrarian said, "I'm grateful for Covid!"

"What?!?" exclaimed the first girl.

"Without it, I wouldn't have realized how much I love school and I love seeing my friends."

The first girl looked at me incredulously, as if to say, "Are you hearing this?"

I appreciated the truth in the statement.  I'm not grateful for Covid but I was reminded of how much I love my job when it was snatched away.

I have a tree on my classroom door and I had my students write things they were grateful for on leaves.

It makes me happy every time I see it.

the hand sanitizer dispenser is new this year....

Mostly the students were grateful for their family and friends but this leaf makes me smile:


I guess she hears both /s/ sounds in Mrs. so she added an extra.

I'm also grateful for my children.  It still astounds me from time to time that I was lucky enough to be their mom.  They make my life better.

Utah is really struggling with Covid cases right now.  Wednesday night Adam was going to teach the deacons to make three types of gourmet burgers and the boys were excited.  It was all canceled because of our new restrictions.  Adam got home from a hectic work day and launched into a few hours of making sliders for each of the boys.  They each got three: BBQ cheddar and bacon; onion, mushroom and ranch; and green chili and jack cheese.

We delivered them to the happy boys and I felt grateful that I am married to the kind of man who would spend his evening making sliders magically appear on the doorsteps of six 12 year old boys.  (And then he cleaned the kitchen.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails