Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Covid facts

 People are super curious when you've had it.  So many people have asked me about my symptoms, duration, where do I think I got it?  For months, around here at least, no one knew anyone that had it.  That has changed, but I'm still sort of a novelty.

I'm tired.  On Sunday one of my friends, who's also in the I've Had It Club, asked me if I was tired.  I said yes.  She said she was too and she goes to bed early.  I'm embracing it.  I went to bed in the 8:00 hour last night.

We're in a state of emergency.  Mark has essentially been grounded by the governor.  For at least the next two weeks we can't have casual social interaction with anyone out of our household so Mark can't hang out with even one friend.

We're used to masks.  I have to remind my students to take them off when they go to lunch because I don't want them to get lost (it's happened).  Sometimes I'll be working in my classroom alone and after about an hour, I'll remember, "Oh, I can take this thing off."

Our classrooms are a little chaotic with students quarantining and some online students coming back and some in person students going online.  So far no third graders have actually had it and we are knocking on all the wood!

Masks keep your face warm on recess duty.  We don't have to wear masks for recess but I think we just might.

It's bizarre.  Yesterday I sent my students home.  "See you tomorrow!"  

One girl yelled back over her shoulder, "OK!  Unless I get Covid!"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails