Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Actual things that happened yesterday

A student kicked a ball at lunch recess and his shoe flew off and it landed on the roof.  Later in the day, the heroic custodian brought in a very wet shoe.

For the first time ever, I pushed the emergency red button on my wall to have someone come and get an unruly student.  It worked!  I wasn't sure it would because that button is as old as the rest of the school.

The third grade team had an emergency meeting and we are making changes.  We have more behavior problems than we ever had, but we've got three good brains on the case!

A non English speaking (of course) family enrolled their 3rd grader (of course) in school yesterday.  That makes 5 new non English speaking third graders this year!  When Camie was talking to them through an interpreter, she invited them to partake of the food pantry that was there after school.  The dad said no.  Then he said, "Can we really?"  

She said, "Yes."

The dad cried and they took some food.

Did I cry when Camie told me that?  Yes.  Yes, I did.

Mark and I went out for pizza.  Adam had meetings.  I went to an emotional resilience class that is happening in our ward.

I'm not cured yet, but it's a 12 week class, so....

Just you wait.



1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Did I cry when I read about the dad crying? Yes, I did. I am so glad the Church has emotional resilience classes! We are trying to get them going for our some of our youth, which would be wonderful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails