Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Nice to know

I called to transfer the utilities at my grandparents' house to us.  There aren't exactly street names.  The woman on the phone was 100% confused until I mentioned my grandparents' names.  Then she knew exactly what I was talking about.  They've been gone awhile now, but they are still the guidepost helping people know where to put me in the world.

My entire growing up years, I was one of the Dahls.  Maybe everyone didn't know exactly which Dahl, but I was one of them.  My identity.

It's nice to know that in one little town in Nevada, it's still the same.

Also, I'm really glad that we have Anna.  She is not only the maker of beautiful babies and the woman of my son's dreams.  She is smart and good and funny.

She sent this yesterday.


She said, "Who said babies don't come with instructions?"

There's no way that little girl isn't going to be funny.  Her parents are both witty.  

It's nice to know I have years of entertainment ahead of me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails