Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

We can't all

Yesterday was a hard day at school.

Not the hardest (I didn't cry in the principal's office, so there's that), but it was hard.

I left at about 5:00 and went to the grocery store for ice for our RS birthday dinner last night.

I went straight to the church to help set up a few things. Different women in the ward had each decorated a table and set it with their fancy dishes.  It looked beautiful.

Julia was admiring the tables and asked, "Thelma, did you do one of these?"

I said, "I brought ice."

She laughed but nodded knowingly, because sometimes ice is all you've got in you.

We had a lovely evening, visiting and eating delicious food.  The stake relief society presidency was there and they helped us clean up with gusto.  Michelle went with me to take the garbage out because last time I did that, I got locked out of the church and it was snowing. Michelle was my emotional support garbage helper.

The theme of our evening was because I have been given much I too must give.  Besides the decorated tables, women volunteered to advertise the event, say prayers, help clean up, bring a salad, or a dessert.  Everyone working together made it great.  Even though your only contribution is ice, ice matters and so does contributing.

I counted it will be 8 years this August that we've lived here.  Eight years is a good span of time for me to have made some really dear friends.  I'm glad I got to celebrate with them last night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails