Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

It was a Monday

Adam was taking his car to have the windshield replaced so I was going to meet him there and then he'd take me to school and pick me up later.

My car wouldn't start.

So I had the van, and I know that is something to be grateful about but it threw me off and I felt stressed about why my car wouldn't start.

I didn't have the garage opener for the van so I had to go out the side door.  There were BIG tracks in the snow that looked like a mountain lion to my early morning imagination. (Adam said it was probably a big dog.  I don't want to come across that big dog either....)

School was chaotic like it always is after a sub.  They had lied to the sub, and seriously raided the skittle machine in my absence.

It was hard to get them settled.

The digital clock was an hour off for reasons beyond my understanding.  It is an atomic clock and I don't know how to reset it.  I have an analog clock but guess how many times my students freaked out about the time?

More than you'd imagine.

I finally figured out how to change it to Pacific time so then it was correct.

It was the teacher vs. student battle of the books and the teachers won but then I REALLY couldn't get my students settled.

We have a field trip today and for weeks I've been trying to wrangle chaperones.  Yesterday a student told me her dad wasn't coming.  I emailed him and got him back.

After school I had a long (over 90 minutes) leadership meeting and I had a boatload of stuff to do in my classroom.  Finally at 5:30 I went out to where Adam was waiting in my car (that he got working).  We went to the grocery store and picked up his car.

When I got home and took off my boots (hurray for the bootjack!), I had two holes in one of my socks.

It felt like a metaphor for the whole day.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Hope today is better!

Mark Dahl said...

I hope today is better also. Love you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails