Pages

Friday, March 4, 2022

Grateful Friday

For the past two days it's been positively warm when I walked out the door after school.

It's the weekend which means more Adam time.

Mark has spring break next week!

Last night Emma met us at Lowe's and we looked at floor samples together.  Then we had dinner and she came to our house to get things like her tax returns because that girl likes to do her own taxes.  (Kind of like not camping, I like not doing taxes.)  It was fun to see her and have dinner together and just enjoy Emma being Emma.

We're going to dinner with friends tonight.  (I have decided we need to always plan that ahead of time if it will happen.  On Friday, after school, the decision fatigue is real.  If we already have plans decided, I'm happy to do them.  If I need to figure something out, I won't.)

Yesterday was rough at school.  It was like Tasmanian devils were occupying my classroom.  After school, to carry on with the Dr. Seuss theme, I decided I had shoes in my feet and brains in my head.  I rearranged the desks.  I tidied everything up.  I wrote the names on the board of students who wouldn't be going to Fun Friday because their work isn't done.  (Most of them will have it complete in minutes when they see that.)  Sometimes you just have to take back the reigns.

I have felt very sad and discouraged for Ukraine, but it also makes me realize how much I have to be grateful for.  If you are living a peaceful and safe life, you'd better be doing something good in the world.  

I'll keep trying.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails