Pages

Monday, March 14, 2022

Weekend

Seeing the Jorgensens was GREAT.  I miss Janet and being with her only reminds me of that.  It was just a dinner together, much too short.  We loved Freja in Pride and Prejudice though!  She is talented and looked so much like her beautiful mother with the brunette wig she wore.

Early Friday morning, I had texted Mark and told him to convince his dad to stay home from work because he was sick.  The next thing I knew, Adam had taken Mark to work with him.


  

Braeden texted this:


Everybody needs Mark when it's time to assemble something.

Adam sent this picture.


So I think they were having a good time at work.

Saturday we had planned to go to Nevada, armed with flooring samples and then we were going to take Mark back to Logan on Sunday, but Adam was sick and not getting better and we didn't want to take illness to my parents.

Braeden was triumphant with his building project:


Now we just need that baby girl to arrive!

Braeden and Anna went on "an explore" as Braeden called it.  (Mark also quoted Winnie the Pooh this weekend and when my children quote Winnie the Pooh, I feel like a successful mother.) They went to the Yuba City temple building site.


I love seeing pictures of those cute kids that I miss.


Mark and Adam and I watched a few episodes of Downton Abbey together Saturday night.  Mark was torn between spending his last night with his parents and spending his last night with his friends.  Then he realized that he could go hang out with Marek after I went to bed.  It's nice to have a mom that gets out of your hair by going to bed early!

Sunday after church we took Mark back to Logan.  I hate taking him back to Logan.  I hate his dismal apartment and I am starting to hate everything about the place (although Logan is lovely).

I just miss Mark.

On the way there, there were dementor clouds and I think the weather shared my sentiment.


And now, another week to be back at it.  The time has changed and spring is coming.  The nest is empty again and I love spending time with Adam.  Even though I miss people I love, life is good and my daffodils are shooting up.

2 comments:

Mark Dahl said...

What I wonder is how is Adam doing? Is his cold better?

Marianne said...

So excited for that baby!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails