Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2022

Connection

Last night Adam, the superhero that he is, got out of his meeting and joined me.  I was asked to help with a youth family history activity.  The youth were divided into groups and went to different stations.  My job was the "more" page on the Family Tree app.  We looked at Relatives Near Me and Map My Ancestors.

There were three families of kids who are my fifth cousins.  We were all descended from Archibald Gardner.  None of them knew anything about him so I enlightened them.  I wonder what it would look like if everyone in Utah County related to Archibald Gardner wore the same colored shirt one day.

One of the girls, a twelve year old who doesn't have a phone and scrambled to get logged into a borrowed iPad, finally was able to pull up her family.  Her great grandma was from the same town in Denmark where Adam's grandma was born.

She smiled like she had just won a big prize.

Learning about ancestors and feeling connected always, always, delights people.

And it delights me to watch.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

What a great activity!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails