Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2022

Seuss

Yesterday was Dr. Seuss's birthday.  I love Dr. Seuss books and I'm glad that despite some effort to cancel him because of some problematic content, our school did not.  (I also don't think it's necessary to discount someone's entire contribution to the world because you don't agree with everything they ever said or did or created.)


You could say our principal was all in.

I read my students Wacky Wednesday.  It's the book none of them have heard of and all of them immediately love.  

So many quotes by Dr Seuss ran through my head all day.

Today you are you.  You are you-er than you.  There's no one alive who is more you than you.

A person's a person no matter how small.

The more things you read, the more things you will know.  The more things you learn the more places you'll go.

You're never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child.

Today was good.  Today was fun.  Tomorrow is another one.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post! Here's to Dr. Seuss and amazing teachers like you who delight others with his words and pictures!

Mark Dahl said...

The world is so full of a number of things. I think we should all be as happy as kings.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails