Pages

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

I will survive




This is a week to be survived.

I woke up with a headache yesterday morning which is always a favorite way to wake up....

I went to the physical therapist after school and I feel hopeful.  What I have been doing--giving all my money to the chiropractor--isn't really helping, so I will try something else.

Adam had a late flight and it wasn't worth driving home, but it was late enough that he didn't need to leave straight from work.  I had the idea to meet at IKEA because October is the time for Christmas decorations.  If you go much later, you miss them and there is no joy in that.

Emma and Adam met me there.  We had meatballs and walked around looking at pretty things.  Adam left for the airport and Emma and I went to the Christmas decorations.  Emma is completely an enabler.  She kept saying, "Get it!" I got a little stash of pretty things.  Red Christmas decorations are my love language and that is all.

We got this darling little village.  One look at it and I was a goner.  Shut up and take my money.

It is sturdy enough QE can play with it.  Decorating with the goal of creating magic for that little girl is going to be fun.

So that was the shot in the arm I needed for the rest of the week.  Tonight and Thursday are Parent Teacher Conferences which are exhausting.  Adam comes home Friday and we also leave for Nevada Friday.

Let's do this!

3 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

I woke up with a headache yesterday too. It was a really bad one, but today is already much better!

Marianne said...

Yay for coming to Nevada!

Mark Dahl said...

We will be so glad to see you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails