Pages

Friday, October 20, 2023

Nana life

 

Yesterday we made the trip to California.  I have zero complaints about the convenience of it all because it worked, but we traded the ease of flying into Sacramento and a short drive for the ease of flying out of Provo and the somewhat painful (traffic!) drive from San Francisco.  It was kind of fun to see San Francisco again though.  




We lived there so briefly, it kind of feels like a fever dream, but it was also impactful for the history of our family.

When we got to their house and walked in the door, QE said, "Nana!" which proves that FaceTime is the best invention of this modern age.  I had brought The Wheels on the Bus and she was shaking and squirming with so much delight.  We read it over and over and later when I was reading Curious George to her she jumped down and ran across the room to grab "bus bus" to hold while she listened.  An emotional support book if you will.  It was not very long until I grabbed my phone and ordered her a copy of The Wheels on the Bus (I'm not ready to part with my own copy).  Amazon will deliver hers to their door today.  Amazon is the second best invention of this modern age for grandparents.

Adam said, "Will that take away some of the magic if she has her own book?"

I don't know.  Tomorrow she may have moved on to a different passion, but the board book was $5 on Amazon and she loves it and I love her.  That is Nana math.

Anna was working last night so we didn't get to see her, but she'd made us a delicious dinner before she left.  Braeden is working this morning but we'll go see Anna and QE.  This afternoon, they overlap with their schedules so we will (at zero personal sacrifice) watch QE for a few hours.  Living the actual dream.

I loved talking with Braeden after she went to sleep last night.  He showed us some of the stuff that he is working on.  At one point I said, "You're such a smart boy."  

He said, "You taught me to read."

Yes, but I can't take credit for the rest. 

Children are marvels and then they have children and my heart is going to overflow.

2 comments:

Mark Dahl said...

Have such a wonderful time!

Olivia Cobian said...

What a lucky little one to be surrounded by so much love! Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails