Pages

Monday, October 9, 2023

Weekend

We asked Mark if he wanted to go to Costco and that was a big yes.  He came over and I had a handful of things for him to do.  (Carry that box to the car, move that table, etc.)

He said, "I'll happily do anything since you are taking me to Costco."

The children who hated to do errands with you evaporate when you offer to buy them stuff at Costco.  That is science.

We had lunch, stopped off at DI (that was the heavy box I had him carry), Costco and Walmart.  At Walmart, I saw one of my students.  He and his older siblings (who I also had) were shook by the fact that I was at Walmart.  Adam wasn't with us, and my students pointed to Mark and said, "Is that your husband?"

(They seriously have no concept of age.)

I said, "No, this is Mark."

He said, "I'm her son."

Later I said to Mark, "I am sorry he thought you were my husband."  

Mark said, "Don't remind me."

OK, I didn't think it was that bad....

I told Braeden the story and he said when he was a little kid in the Missoula Children's Theater, the directors (who are college students) asked them how old the kids thought they were.  Braeden said they had guessed 30 and the directors had laughed and he didn't know if it was because they were a lot older than that or younger.  I said, "Younger."

It's hard to know how old an adult is when you're little.  I think kids are used to going by height and all bets are off with adults.

We had a nice weekend otherwise.  We did our tasks; I read my book.  I enjoyed church and our tithing declaration (our bishop is our friend, so it's nice to visit) and having our people over for dinner.  After we ate, we played a General Conference Jeopardy game that Janelle sent me a link for.  Elder Anderson's daughter created it apparently.  I got it going and messed it up and Adam asked, "Were there instructions with it?"

I said yes and acknowledged I had not read them.  He knows I don't read instructions unless it is vitally important.  I handed the computer over to him and the game was pretty much anarchy because we hadn't really established any rules and therefore disagreed often about how the game should be played.  It was a good time though and then we had s'mores (and/or apples, depending on who you were) at our fire pit.

We capped off the night with a FaceTime conversation with our favorite Californians.  QE is talking up a storm!  She'll be saying sentences by Christmas, that is my prediction.

And now for a busy week ahead!


1 comment:

Marianne said...

I heard that Hyrum was the and in that and/or. Love you so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails