Pages

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

It's a good life

 One day down of Parent Teacher Conferences.  They are exhausting but also good.  It is nice to talk to parents and see my students squirm in pleasure when I tell their parents how great they are.  

(And I don't exactly mind seeing them squirm when I tell their parents what they need to do to improve!)

One of my boys has an older brother who I taught also.  The older brother came to translate for his parents, which is always awesome and impressive.  I told him what his brother was doing really well and my former student said, 'Well, who do you think taught him?"

Then I said what my current student needs to work on and I told his older brother he'd better get busy and help his brother!

When I was leaving the school, a little (or a lot) tired, a man was sitting at a table offering community services to families.  He looked at me with complete sincerity and said, "Thank you for changing the world."

It was so kind!  It is an massive overstatement of what I do, but I felt so seen and appreciated and people are just nice.

I talked to Adam while I drove home and then Braeden and QE called on FaceTime.  Her little face lights up when she sees me and that is all the happiness I need in this world.  I read The Wheels on the Bus to her three times.  She said hello to Emma then she wanted to know where Mark was.  She kept saying, "Mark?  Mark?"

Braeden said, "We'll call him next."

Spreading sunshine, like he does.


1 comment:

Mark Dahl said...

Love this post, Thelma.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails