Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Adam

Because I am a diligent list maker, I wrote a list on Sunday of All the Shoulds.  That was my title.  I wrote down all the things that were bothering me because I wasn't doing them well.

Then I looked at the list and decided which ones to care about.

One thing on the list was to stop being such a burden to Adam.  I wrote, "Stop being so lame."

He used to come home to a prepared dinner and now he comes home to a tired wife.  We make dinner together most nights and that isn't terrible, but wasn't it easier for him before?  He never complains.

He used to have Saturdays to do his own tasks and chores.  Now he goes with me to my school to help me with something.  I love spending that time with him and he is very helpful, but wasn't it easier for him before?  He never complains.

I used to get ready for the day after he left for work.  Now I bang around before he wakes up.  Try as I might, I make noise.  He never complains.

Last night I brought home a big sheet of cards that were laminated that I needed to cut out.  Since I have my healing left wrist and my non dominate right hand, it was a little frustrating.  Adam said, "Leave them for me.  I'll cut them out later."

I reminded him of my list.  I said, "But I was going to stop being so lame.  Maybe I'll start that tomorrow."

He laughed and told me to come sit on the couch with him.

This morning there are neat piles of cards cut out on the table.

The moral to the story, kids, is to marry someone nicer than the nicest person you know.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

What a sweet post, and what a great husband!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails