Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Sunday

I meant to take a picture and should have taken a picture but we were lucky to have extra Sunday dinner guests.

Desi is back in town to everyone's delight and joining her were Clarissa and Timeon and Micah, their friend from the Philippines.  They have been in the Mountain West for several weeks but headed back to Hawaii the next day.

Returned missionaries all, we had a great Come Follow Me discussion led by our very own Braeden and Anna.

I was extra impressed with Timeon and Micah because they were sharing ideas in languages other than their native tongues.

Like usual, they brought light with them and I'm grateful that we're able to invite such goodness to spend the evening.

We talked about spiritual gifts as part of our lesson and I read a quote by Marvin J. Ashton that listed less conspicuous gifts.  One of them was the ability to weep.  I've got that one!  I proved it by getting teary several times during the evening.

When they all left, I stood at the bottom of the steps out front and hugged them one by one.  Starting with Braeden and ending with Micah.  Maybe he thinks that is a weird American custom to get a hug by a matriarch at the bottom of the stairs or maybe he's been around enough Americans to know that I'm just the weird one.

The only thing marring the evening was when Emma asked if she could teach the lesson next Sunday since it will be her last Sunday.

I've been trying to ignore the fact that Emma is going to France soon.  She is a steady ballast when things get rough.  She and Mark seem to have their own language and I know he will miss her a lot.  Adam and Emma have been carpooling to Salt Lake City all summer and his drive won't be as entertaining.  I'll miss her hugs and wit and music.  We will be bereft without our girl around here.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

What a wonderful aunt and mother you are! And sister :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails