Pages

Friday, September 27, 2019

Grateful Friday

I'm grateful I finished a huge project yesterday.  I created self monitoring binders for my students and they were a beast!

**
*

I'm grateful for the sweet parking spot I got at work yesterday.


It helped that I was there in the 6:00 hour (which was key to finishing those darn binders).

**
*

I'm grateful I could go to Mark's parent teacher conferences with Adam.  His teachers are all kind and it reminded me of Braeden's parent teacher conferences.  Their history teachers think they're brilliant, their drama teachers would be happy to adopt them, their math teachers seem like they want to pat me kindly and tell me everything's going to be OK.

I'm grateful for Madame Tyler.  Even though she doesn't teach my kids currently, she was Emma's French teacher.  I stopped by to see her and tell her about Emma's adventures.  Her eyes gleamed with pride as I told her and she got Emma's French number so she could text her.

Good teachers that love my kids are my love language.

**
*

I'm glad Adam took my stitches out last night.  Here's hoping he got them all.  It is not healing that well.  Infected and swollen so the stitches were hard to find.

At least the stitches are (hopefully) out.

**
*

I'm grateful for the faith my parents taught me.  It sustains me.

**
*

I'm grateful for the brief and intermittent phone calls I have with my sisters.  They also sustain me.

**
*

I'm grateful for the kind support I feel at school from everyone.

**
*

I'm grateful for our kids.  I don't talk to any of them as much as I'd like to.

Braeden called to check in the other night and he and Adam talked for about 30 minutes about Brexit.  They were talking on speaker phone while I toiled away on my binders in the background.  I thought those two are political science nerds.

But they're my political science nerds.

**
*

I'm grateful forever and always for the unrelenting goodness Adam adds to my life.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I'm worried about your wound! Infected is not good. Neither is swollen for that matter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails