Pages

Friday, September 13, 2019

Grateful Friday


At 12:51, Adam texted me the above picture.  He's on a business trip and I was sleeping/not sleeping waiting for word that my girl had made it safely.  (She left Wednesday for Los Angelos with Adam but flew to Paris on Thursday.  It was supremely confusing to Mark.  "She's not there yet?")

She had texted at 11:30 that she had landed but the above picture was reassuring too.

When she was nine she decided she wanted to learn French.  She decided she wanted to go to Paris.  Then in college she decided she wanted to do an internship.

She made it all happen.

I read this poem by Ella Wheeler Wilcox and it sums up that girl:
There is no chance, no destiny, no fate
(That) can circumvent or hinder or control
The firm resolve of a determined soul.

She had a travel visa problem that she handled alone and with aplomb.  She navigated it all.

**
*

I'm grateful that Adam is coming home today and we have the weekend together.

**
*

I'm grateful I got to take Mark to the doctor yesterday.  I'm grateful we had to wait forever.  Sounds strange but I haven't seen enough of that kid lately and it was nice.  He's happy and busy with auditions and Homecoming and his classes.  I'm also super grateful that he is healthy.  His A1C was low enough to get a "magnificent" out of our doctor.  He told me I was to be congratulated and I said it was all Mark.  He's completely at the helm of managing his diabetes.

**
*

I promised a reward for my students and they earned it and the reward they chose is to make slime.  I need to direct them toward easier rewards.  I made slime last night and it sort of failed.  It's less slimy and more gelatinous mass of grossness.  I also bought some slime mix ins from Costco which will hopefully save the day.  Also, hopefully they will forgive my slime making failings.  The thing about all the slime business that makes me grateful is that it will be over after today....

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

You are an amazing teacher. When my students wanted to make slime, I told them they could for sure do that when they own their own homes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails