Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Emma!


I have Snapchat for exactly one reason and it is Emma.  Sometimes I take screenshots so I can show Adam what she sends me.  On Saturday she sent the above picture and then she sent the poem.

Later in the day she sent a recording of her singing the song because she wrote music to go with it.

Just a typical Saturday in Paris for Emma Jayne.



Père Lachaise

Wading through a sea of leaves
Under dark and barren trees
Dead as the bodies underneath
None of them are dead; they sleep.

Over mossy cobblestone
And gravelled rocks so careless, thrown
The ground, the leaves, reclaim their own
And so shall we all turn to bone.

Balance on uneven ground
How does a flat path become round?
And why are birds the only sound?
Here lie the lost, here lie the found.

I cross back down; I cannot rise
This cemetery’s filled with eyes
Those awake and those who lie
In every tomb I’m walking by

Under evergreens the shadows spread
And open doors fill me with dread
Did empty graves give up their dead?
I stop awhile but should press ahead

Some paths are winding, some are clear
Some make peace and others fear
But I cannot leave this graveyard dear
For all the paths lead back to here

So I head home in gathering dusk
I must return to streets I trust
And perhaps the leaves, perhaps the dust,
But something whispers, “Stay with us”


I don't know where she came from sometimes.  She is just this wellspring of poetry and music.  I love that about her.

What I really really love is that she is coming home today!  In 12 or so hours, I'll be wrapping my arms around that girl (and then sending her tired self to bed).

2 comments:

Marianne said...

What a happy day!

Olivia Cobian said...

Her song was amazing--I follow her on Instagram. What a talented girl! I have always loved cemeteries too, especially the unique, quaint little ones with little houses all around.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails