Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Frivolity

I was counting on Olivia to write a blog post so I could steal a picture from her (if one turned out OK of me, which I doubt).

I didn't take any pictures, but we went to Nevada for two parties.

Sunday night, at 5:00 PM, we had the ladies' brunch (you read that right).  It was the time that worked for everyone.

Emma and I decided it was more of a high tea.

It was wonderful, like always.  Olivia knows how to throw a party.  The table was festively set and the food was delicious.  We went around the table talking about what we'd remember or had learned from the past year and what we hoped for in the future.  Like always, the women on the end of the table where the women sit cried a little and the daughters on the other end of the table looked on in a bit of mystification.  Clarissa has married since the last brunch and she joined the criers this year so perhaps there is a connection?

We talked over a few plans for the upcoming (this summer, but we're planners) 50th wedding anniversary party we are planning for our parents.  I definitely think it's going to be a situation of too many chiefs but the chiefs all love each other so we'll be fine.

Then we played after the manner of the adverb because we always do and it's fun.

We had a nice evening visiting and then spent time with my parents the next morning visiting too.  At lunchtime we had another party, this time at Marianne's.  Desi had marshaled the troops around there and had made us food from Hong Kong.  I am not a huge (or even a little) fan of Chinese food but this was really good.  Maybe because I love the cooks.  We had a white elephant gift exchange which involved a certain amount of treachery but also a lot of laughing.  Hyrum had a Make America Great Again hat that he brought as a gift that he really wanted me to have because I apparently wear my distaste on my sleeve.  I did end up with it but I gave it to my mom.  We brought some of our gifts home but "accidentally" left some of them at Marianne's.

Oops.

We drove home in the cold winter evening, listening to a good podcast across the Salt Flats.

I love living close to my family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails