Pages

Friday, September 15, 2023

Grateful Friday

It was kind of a tough week at school, but I'm grateful for all the support I get.

Some classrooms shifted and the school counselor is my neighbor now.  She checks in with me on the days that she is there and you could do a lot worse than have a school counselor checking in with you.  I don't know if kindergarten teachers or school counselors are the kindest humans around, but they are both really nice to talk to.

I have had the principal come and pull a student out of my classroom (at my request) twice in as many days.  He shows up with a smile on his face like pulling a third grader out of class is the best thing he could be doing with his time.

The assistant principal used to be the school psychologist, so she is a great resource.

Miriam and I both have some challenging students right now who are flexing their naughty capacity.  It helps to have each other to draw ideas from.

Basically there will always always be struggles around there, but it also feels like there will always be support.

And the kids are pretty funny too.

Yesterday at lunch recess, some of the girls orchestrated a wedding.  The boys came in grousing that it was "a sham" and "wasted half the recess."

Half of the kids came tattling to me about the wedding.

I don't know.  Are pretend weddings against the rules?  Because my friend Marie and I planned quite a fancy one at recess when we were in first grade.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails