Pages

Friday, September 22, 2023

Grateful Friday

Another Friday.  It seems like it came around quickly.  

Adam's out of town and I especially miss him on weekends when we are mostly together.  I'll have to rope Emma into going grocery shopping with me.

I'm grateful she's around.  I don't even want to mention it because I don't want to jinx it, but I'm glad she's home for now.

I'm grateful that it's been such a topsy turvy week, I haven't even thought too much about the fact that I am speaking in church on Sunday.

I am.

Now that I think about it, I am nervous, but it will be over after Sunday.  I have a 100% survival rate for church talks so I think I'll make it.

I'm grateful it is autumn.  The air feels cooler, the mountains have a wash of red and orange leaves in spots.  I love everything about autumn.  The crunchy apples, the spicy scents, the cozy feeling, lighting a candle.  Sign me up.

I'm grateful my headache went away.  

I'm grateful I was able to talk to Braeden yesterday and hear QE babble in the background.  They were on their way home from Costco, where Braeden had bought "a lot" of ice cream sandwiches for a ward party.  He said, "I didn't know how many we would need or what the budget was so I just bought a lot."

I bet it will work.

I found two caterpillars on my geraniums while he told me about the high stakes exams he had just taken and the promising developments in getting a paper published he co-wrote.  Just when did he get to be such a grown up?  Also, I thought I pulled the geraniums inside before the caterpillars descended but it turns out I did not.

He needed to go and told QE to say good-bye.  She urgently said, "Nana!  Nana!" and how am I supposed to say good-bye to that?!?  Braeden said a cheerful, "Love ya Mom!" and they were gone.

I'm grateful every day to be a mother and a grandma.  I love how much they get me.  For example, both of my boys have told me, in September, what they want for Christmas.  They know their mother.  It just keeps getting better.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails