Pages

Monday, September 25, 2023

Weekend

Friday I had an appointment with a podiatrist about a tailor's bunion on my foot.  What an exciting sentence that was for a starter.  He said that I have deformed foot bones and that I've probably had them my whole life, they are just causing problems now.  

I remember my grandma telling me not to get old.

I tried, Grandma.  I failed.

He gave me a shot on my right foot.  He said it would be sore for the weekend.  The weekend is when I do all the things.  I asked if I needed to take it easy.  He said, "Well, don't hike Timp, but if you need to go to the store, you can."

Also I don't think I'm at risk to become a steroid user.  It has made my cheeks flush and made me feel weird and shaky off and on all weekend.

Not all that fun.

Emma and I met for tacos on her way home from work, so that was a compensation.  We went to Don Joaquin which is so good.  I also know it's good because Edgar likes it too.

Saturday morning I went to my classroom to work for a little while because I'd left early on Friday and it had been a weird week and I had stuff to do.  I could have stayed for hours, but that will always be the case.  Emma met me and we went grocery shopping together.  I have a student who refuses to do his work mostly (he is on the spectrum and is super smart + super hard to coerce).  I bought him some mechanical pencils that he likes and he will use them (sometimes).  He burns through them and I have four that need to be refilled and I can't figure out how to do it.  I told Emma we needed to get refills for them but I didn't know if they would have them at Winco.  I would have wandered aimlessly, but Emma led me right to the aisle.  She is not a frequent Winco shopper.  She just had an inkling they would be over in the short aisles by the seasonal stuff.

Is she a wizard?

Mark is also a wizard and I decided to task him with refilling the pencils when he came over for Sunday dinner.

Maybe wizards are on my brain because Adam and Emma and Braeden and Anna are all currently rereading Harry Potter.

In the afternoon I pulled out some autumnal things.  While we were heating up some soup for dinner, I pointed out to Emma that I was not sure about the mantle.  She said, "Do you mind if I tinker?"

Of course not!  I felt so proud!

She climbed up on the hearth and moved the candlesticks a fraction and I said, "That is so much better!"

It's the little things.


We watched While You Were Sleeping.  It is one of those movies I could watch over and over (and I have).  The older I get the more I want to be Midge when I grow up.

Adam got home in the middle of the night.  He flew home early so he could be my emotional support husband for my sacrament meeting talk.

He's a good one.

As predicted, my talk was survived and I felt a lot better when it was over.

We talked briefly to Braeden and Anna and QE.  She is recently enamored with Curious George and Anna read the book to her so we could see her reaction.  She would say, "Oh no!" and "Oh boy!" and the little sounds she makes when she is trying out new words reminds me so much of Braeden!

We love that girl!

We had the group over for dinner which is always fun.  We ate, discussed Come Follow Me a little and went outside and played Cornhole.  We had four teams:  the Kepfords, the Johnsons, the Davises, and the old Davises.  Adam and Nikki were the most consistent and we decided that maybe it was because they didn't have any Dahl blood....

It ended up in our tournament with the Kepfords and Johnsons in the championship round (I think Hyrum and Clarissa won?) and the rest of us lost interest to see who was the winner of the loser bracket.

We're not very competitive as a family.

I'm looking forward to a week of Adam home.  It's the calm before the storm because October is going to be one busy month.

At least it will be October and I love October.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

How I love you!

Mark Dahl said...

Love your posts always, Thelma

Olivia Cobian said...

You are doing so much good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails