Pages

Monday, September 11, 2023

Weekend

Happenings:

Friday night we went to IKEA and walked around and looked at pretty stuff and I got a new dresser for my closet because my current one was old twenty years ago and one of the drawers is completely broken.

(I miss Mark because I would have had him assemble that dresser in minutes.  It is currently still in the boxes.  Maybe tonight...)

I talked to my mom and got the report on my dad.  I think he is in pretty good shape considering he is a great grandfather who was bucked off a horse.  It could have been so much worse.  He is in a lot of pain though and I hope and pray he heals quickly

Adam and I did our Saturday errands and why is that one of the favorite parts of my week even though I don't love errands? I guess because Adam.

Three girls at Winco said, "Mrs. Davis!?!"  I said hello to them and I only recognized one of them although they all seemed to know me.  I think I know every kid at that school, but I don't seem to after all.

Saturday we went to Lucette's baptism.  I was glad we were able to go.  It was a nice event.  Lucette asked Mason to speak which I thought was delightful.  He said, "In case you don't know me, I'm Lucette's cousin in law."

He did a great job and I told him he should be an elementary teacher.  (He teaches 5th grade so I guess other people agree with me about that one.)

We had a delicious dinner afterward at Ammon and Melanee's house and I enjoyed everything about it but didn't take a solitary picture.  Olivia sent this to our family WhatsApp situation so I promptly stole it.



At one point, Marianne said, "Look at Ammon, isn't he cute?"

I said, "We did a good job with him."

I think we deserve zero credit, but we claim some anyway.

Sunday we had the gang over for Sunday dinner. It is great to have them.  We ate and visited and had a Come Follow Me discussion.  Then, Adam had to go to a stake youth fireside and the rest of us took a walk by the Lindon temple.  The girls and I walked a little slowly because Liberty ran a half marathon yesterday and was a little sore.  The boys strode out ahead.

I love being with all of those kids.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

You're such a wonderful aunt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails