Pages

Thursday, September 7, 2023

Things I love

I love being greeted enthusiastically by my former students.  A gaggle of fifth graders approached me yesterday.  The girls threw their arms around me.  The boys came toward me then took a few steps back, not sure.  I just greeted them jovially and it was all good.  My current students wondered who they were and I said, "Some of my favorite fifth graders."

They said, "You have favorites!" and gasped like they'd just uncovered a moral failing.

Well, I do.  I would never reveal which ones, but I'll tell you this for free:  it isn't the whiny ones.

I love the things third graders say.  I was helping a student solve an addition problem.  He was adding the ones.  "What is 4 + 8?" I asked.

He said, "That is usually 12."

I guess regrouping can cause you to doubt yourself at times.

I love the laughter at faculty meetings.  We are back to all liking and trusting each other.

I love the way fresh basil smells.  I bought a pot yesterday because the one by my kitchen sink is looking anemic.  I'm not ready to give up on it yet (I'm rarely ready to give up on a plant), but I needed basil, so what's two basil plants between friends?

I love that it's cooler and we can open the windows in the evening without heating up the house.

I love the Book of Mormon.  I read it between Memorial Day and Labor Day and it is like a friend I never get tired of.


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

What a lovely list of gratitude. I love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails