Overdramatic title, but ugh.
I have been getting intense emails from school with everything bolded and hyperlinked and italicized and highlighted. So much to do, none of it fun. It is all squashes the summer vibe in big ways.
How many times do you have to do blood borne pathogen and data security training before you are considered all trained up?
Apparently more than what I've done.
I have 5 1/2 hours of district training that is now available for me. Yesterday Thelma, bless her heart, was wishing I had access to it so I could do it now when I can't get into my classroom anyway.
Today Thelma wishes I still didn't have access to it. I don't actually want to do it is the problem.
I am excited to meet my students. My team and I have sent MANY texts back and forth narrowing in on our team t-shirts because we have priorities. I am excited to set up my classroom and you know, teach.
I'm not excited for the emails. For example, this was from my principal attached to the big email from the district:
An email like this feels par for the course any other time during the school year. During August, it feels like an affront. 1) I was just enjoying a nice carefree little summer and 2) I am busy OK?
These team t-shirts aren't going to pick themselves.
Foreboding emails with to do lists aren't the only scary things afoot. Yesterday Kim had a migraine so didn't walk with me. I decided to branch out and walk on the street instead of up on the hill. I saw a house that I decided was haunted (seriously I am going to have Adam drive by with me to validate me) and I was walking a ways behind a woman and her dog. They walked through a puddle (made by sprinklers, we don't have natural puddles this time of year!). The dog had footprints leading away from the puddle and the woman did not, so I can only assume she was a ghost.
Perhaps I missed having a walking buddy to keep my imagination in check....
The walking along the street does have its charm though. I passed a couple having a heated conversation about bacon. As I walked by I heard the man say, with great animation, "There is no need to slap six slices of bacon on. Put one piece on and you are good."
I also saw a man, in a Lexus, driving slowly with a leash out the window and a dog trotting along beside him.
I wonder what he tells the other dogs about the life he leads.
No comments:
Post a Comment