Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Short

 I am feeling at once like I'm in pretty good shape and that I am in trouble.

Mark and I went to my classroom yesterday and cleaned a lot of really dirty stuff.  We arranged desks and chairs and rehung things and moved things and then moved them again.  I was getting to the point that I really just needed to make a list and get myself together.  Mark went home and I stayed at the school.  I made a list and hung up bulletin boards and organized drawers.  I first located my calendar (took a while) and then hung it up.  May Thelma stashed a lot of stuff in places that August Thelma has to locate.  It all seems like it is coming together moderately well.

The problem was that I hit a wall and I hit it hard.  I decided to do stuff that I could do seated at my desk.  I still was so tired.  Finally I gave up and texted Mark to come and get me early.

He encouraged me as he drove me home.  He said, "Just think about how things were last year and you did that!  You can do it!"

I don't know.  Teaching is hard and tiring work and I just got wiped out from a bit of set up.  (It was pretty hard work too though.)

I will need to 1) keep praying for help 2) take my fatigue and energy level into account 3) just do my best.

My best keeps coming up short in my own estimation, but I'll keep trying.

No comments: