Pages

Friday, August 7, 2026

Grateful Friday

 I am grateful I got to have lunch with Stephanie on Wednesday.  She was in Utah and we spent about three hours talking, laughing, crying, looking at pictures of each other's grandchildren and talking some more.  She handed me a bottle of blackberry jam and she said, "I picked the blackberries a few days ago."

I love everything there is to love about female friendship.

I am grateful for my photo project.  I love seeing the pictures and remembering and getting my sibling to help me remember.



I am grateful for my children because they don't just carry heavy stuff.  They are also entertaining to me.

A few days ago the conversation on our family group chat became this as a result of a story in a NYTimes that listed dirty soda in a list of 25 items that represent America.  










So in case you were worried about missing out on the nonsense, there you have it.  I'm glad those kids are mine, even Braeden, the fourth most important and unpopular export of Utah.

I am grateful for Adam's aunt Jeri.  We are going to her graveside and memorial service today.  She has always been impeccably kind to me and she took Adam's dad to church when he was a little kid.  Aunt Jeri matters to us.

I am grateful for my parents.  Today is their anniversary.  Fifty-six years ago today, they were married in the Salt Lake Temple.  I am grateful to be part of their family forever.  

1 comment:

Marianne Johnson said...

I'm very impressed with your organized photos!