For the second Friday in a row, I got sleep. I went to bed fully at 8:00 which was my bedtime in elementary school and slept 10 1/2 hours.
Glorious.
Also glorious: some rainy weather. I took a few pictures of the sky on Saturday.
We met up with Emma at Deseret Book in American Fork, because I had offered to buy her new temple clothes. Her car was broken into last summer and her temple bag was stolen. We interacted with two different ladies at Deseret Book and it was a wild time. One of the ladies was super excited because she thought Emma was a new temple patron. We let her down gently that her clothes had just been stolen. Then the woman was horrified. She was practically reeling from the atrocity. She finally asked Emma where she had been when it had happened and Emma said, "I live in Salt Lake City. It happened there."
This woman said, "Oh! That's good!"
(In other words, Utah County = still safe.)
The other woman reminded me of Lady Bracknell in The Importance of Being Earnest. At one point, Lady Bracknell says, "To lose one parent, Mr. Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness."
This second woman looked at Emma and asked, "How were your clothes stolen?!?"
The ladies at Deseret Book are always a little scary. First they greet you with such energy and then you seem to disappoint them every item you don't buy.
We went to lunch to celebrate making it out of Deseret Book.
I had Adam help me hang this picture:
This frame had been in my grandma's house. She had pictures of "her missionaries" in it, grandchildren on missions (and one of my parents when they were in Nauvoo). Since there were eight holes for pictures, I bought these maps of the eight places where we have lived. (We don't exactly live in Starr Valley, but sometimes.)
The frame is really heavy and of high quality, because it was my grandma's. I usually find the cheapest frame I can find. Here's hoping it stays afloat.
We had a nice Sunday. Church and family history--part of the time I was preparing for our family reunion where we are each presenting about an ancestor.
Emma came over and we had dinner and Come Follow Me and took a walk. She sang us part of a new song she is writing and Mark played a song for her that he had listened to recently. We played a few hands of golf.
Sundays are good.
Today it is back at it. Adam is home all week! I am looking forward to that.
1 comment:
The maps are such a cool idea! Where did you find those? I'd love to do that as well! -Jill
Post a Comment