Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2026

These are the days

 These are the days of paying the piper at home because last week I just collapsed in a crumpled heap after school each day and I have some tidying to do!

These are the days of our boys texting back and forth in our family group chat about who will inherit what.  (I think it's spurred on--pardon the pun--by the silver my dad gifted us with.)  It's funny to me that the business major knows exactly how to divide things advantageously for him, the PhD jokingly said Emma could keep the stuff and he would keep his "sense of superiority."

As for Emma, she was at work and didn't chime in.

None of it surprised me, is what I'm saying.

These are the days of starting actual curriculum at school.  I forgot how to access the phonics slides and I was answering so many email before school, I didn't have a chance to practice.  Jamie came in serendipitously and saved my bacon.

These are the days of Adam leaving again.  He flew to the East coast and then in a few days he will go to Nashville.  So in the span of a week, he will have been in Greenwich time, Pacific, Mountain, Central and Eastern.  On the way to the airport, he called me and said, "I am tired."

Shocker.

These are the days of absolutely baking on the blacktop during afternoon recess duty.

These are the days of looking longingly at the mountains for the first signs of autumn, my favorite season!

These are the days of my team and me walking into each others' classrooms and asking, "What are you doing for this?"  "Did we talk about that?"

We share a brain.  It's a good brain (collectively).

These are the days of Mark and I getting home about the same time.  "How was class?"  "How was school?"  "Dinner at 6:00?"  "Yep."  Then we went our separate ways like the introverts who haunt this place when Adam is away.

These are pretty good days.



No comments: