Pages

Friday, September 25, 2026

Grateful Friday

 Nothing too exciting to report.  I did my immunotherapy.  It was pretty routine.  The nurse accessing my port poked and prodded for a long time.  It hurt.  The nurse who is super good at it was across the room and I was wishing for her.

Finally I said, "Has my port moved?!?"

She cheerfully said, "No, I just like to take my time."

Swell.

She got it inserted finally and meanwhile was chatting with me about my life.  When she learned I was a teacher, she said, "Thank you for what you do!"

I said, "Thank you for what you do!"

Because I realized even though she "likes to take her time" and poke at my port, I am very grateful for her and all the nurses like her who take good care of me.

I am grateful immunotherapy is better than chemotherapy.  I feel the same hit by a truck vibes, but I don't feel nauseous.  

I am grateful Adam was there with me yesterday.  We did a crossword puzzle and he brought me a bagel and helped unplug the machine I'm attached to when I had to use the bathroom.  Things like that.

Last night, he had a dentist appointment (our dentist works late some evenings) and then a church meeting.  We were going to have spaghetti for dinner and I said I didn't feel like spaghetti.  Adam ran through a long list of things he could pick up for me and I didn't want any of them.  He finally gave up and went his way.

Mark was heading out to get a haircut and he asked me what I wanted.  He ran through another list of things and I finally settled on a cheeseburger kids meal from Iceberg.  I hadn't really eaten besides the bagel and it hit the spot.

I'm grateful for the perseverance those two have to feed me when I am being difficult.

The plan today is to rest at home.  I'm grateful for that too.  I have a little list of tasks I can do from my chair.  I feel out of sorts and fatigued, but I know from experience that all I have to do is outlast it.

I can do that.

1 comment:

Marianne Johnson said...

I love this quote: I know from experience that all I have to do is outlast it.